How you can get involved
Search and Rescue Crew
We are currently looking for Lifeboat Crew and Tractor drivers with daytime availability during the working week.
There are several key areas of operation in the Southport Offshore Rescue Trust. Not only do we need operational crew for the lifeboat and quad bikes, we also need support personnel to be able to help in the launch, recovery and maintenance on the lifeboat and quads.
To become a crew member you need to:
- Be over 16 and under 50 years old. (for Lifeboat only, shore based crew can be of any age over 16).
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Live and/or work within the Southport/Formby area.
- Be able to respond to an emergency situation during the working week (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Be a team player who will fit in with the crew.
- Communicate well with others.
- Listen and carry out instructions.
- Be enthusiastic and reliable for training and fundraising events.
- Willing to learn and apply new skills.
- Preferably you will hold a full and current driving license, valid in the UK.
Still interested? Please click here for an application form return it to:
Southport Offshore Rescue Trust
Please note at this time we are only looking to recruit potential Lifeboat crew and Tractor drivers with daytime availability during the working week.
Still not sure? Click here to read some of the questions frequently asked by others wishing to join the crew.
Fundraisers and event organisers
We always need extra help for our various fundraising activities throughout the year.
Could you rattle a bucket to collect coins at a fundraising event, or pack a bag in a Supermarket? Whatever your talents, we can make use of your help.
Please email for more details.